Compensation: Competitive Salary + health, dental, 401k and more! Full Time employee can work in Hartford, CT or Cambridge, MA offices (or work from home / REMOTE from your home office).
About the company:
- Established in 2004, our privately held client with 50 employees between their Cambridge and Hartford offices, is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They have worked with over 150 clients on more than 475 projects.
- Join my client in their mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to support real-world biomedical problems. Be a valued addition to the tech solutions team, which is at 10 people now (5 software engineers, 1 scientific tools developer, 1 data science engineer, 2 DevOps, 1 Director).
About the Scientific Tools Developer position:
- The ideal candidate will have a Master's Degree in Math, Statistics, Physics or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree candidates with the same focus will also be considered.
- This person will come to the table with scientific toolchain – R, C++, Python or GO experience.
- He/she will have a passion for this industry and treat this work as more than just a job.
- Very big plus if you have made open source contributions that are visible (eg on github). You will be developing mostly open source tools on our client’s github for scientific programming.
- There are a lot of subsets of this area, and my client is focused on finding someone who has done enough tools programming to know they have a passion for it. Preferably someone who caught that "bug" in grad school and realized though they were involved with the scientific/mathematics side the most fun they had was actually developing tools to support the research.
My client knows that the key to their company’s success is the happiness and wellbeing of their team. Their goal is to provide a work life that is engaging, rewarding, and fun.
Travel – very minimal. Maybe once every two months.