The Quality Engineer must have a good understanding of statistics, problem solving and manufacturing processes in order to lead and implement initiatives that improve overall quality and efficiency of processes in the manufacturing environment.
Manage assigned Quality staff including defining projects and daily responsibilities to meet goals and metrics.
Oversight and coordination of problem solving process for area issues including verification of the resolution.
Communicate actual metrics vs. goals monthly through COQ. Provide periodic quality updates to key Management.
Review external and internal data for leading indicators to initiate and implement countermeasure projects to ensure containment and resolution.
Daily, weekly and monthly data monitoring and trend analysis.
Highlight negative trends and abnormal conditions, identify root cause, and develop plans and procedures for resolution.
Ensure customer satisfaction through quick follow up to problems/customer concerns. Thoroughly evaluate all customer returns and determine root causes.
Understand deviations for incoming materials, rework requirements and plant production processes.
Continuously review processes to look for process improvement activities.
Perform process audits and take appropriate corrective action/follow-up
- Able to work in a hands-on Operations environment.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, handle pressure and work/make decisions independently when required.
- Ability to analyze quality data.
- Strong cross- functional communication and interpersonal skills to work with customers and operations.
- Strong project manager with ability to lead or serve as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Familiar with gauging and other measurement tools.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree in quality, mechanical or industrial engineering is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
- Minitab experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to travel as needed.