Property & Causality Commercial Operations Manager – AMAZING RETIREMENT PLAN
- Excellent compensation including an 18% – 25% annual contribution to your retirement account. Guaranteed!
- Working for a top 30 nationally ranked commercial health and benefits brokerage.
- Consistently recognized as one of area's best employers.
- Outstanding company culture and working environment.
- Commitment to client satisfaction with a 98% client retention rate.
- Candidate must have previous experience managing a Commercial Insurance book of business and have experience leading a team of Commercial Account Managers.
- This position can sit in Charlotte or Raleigh, NC.
REGIONAL P&C OPERATIONS MANAGER
With more than 150 years’ experience, our client is a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast. For 24 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Our client has nine offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening for a Regional P&C Operations Manager. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Regional P&C Operations Manager is the lead relationship manager for the Commercial Account Analyst team. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing Analyst performance to ensure that service is provided in a manner aligned with company values and in adherence to KPIs. The Regional P&C Operations Manager is a highly visible, strategic leadership position.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- College degree preferred but not required
- Significant commercial coverage knowledge and understanding of agency management system functionality, service and sales processes
- P&C license or the ability to obtain license within 90 days
- Knowledge of Applied Epic preferred but not required
- Previous experience managing employees servicing commercial accounts
- Expertise in building team relationships and inspiring collaboration when appropriate
- Proficient in proactively problem solving and adept at conflict resolution
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with the autonomy to make decisions to manage work flow efficiently
- Ability to manage many competing responsibilities while at the same time seeing the impact of decisions on multiple employees with differing perspectives
- Ability to understand and share bigger picture of both agency and business strategies
- Patience and compassion – will serve as an ear for many professional and personal challenges of direct reports and others
- Ability to empathize but communicate expectations and provide strategy to help employees meet expected results
- Strategic thinker who is flexible enough to have alternative strategies
- History of integrity in all relationships and processes
- CPCU and/or CIC designation a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Desire to model values to serve colleagues, clients and the community with integrity and respect
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the Commercial Account Analysts in your region, assign accounts to those Analysts and monitor their workflow
- Resolve complex, escalated issues regarding account handling and client interactions
- Monitor individual and team performance through productivity metrics, coaching and training
- Conduct regular one on one reviews with direct reports and deliver annual performance reviews providing constructive feedback to ensure that performance is aligned with company values
- Identify analyst and departmental training needs both individually and collectively and administer
- Create training materials, implement training and monitor results for direct reports to support continuous improvement and career development
- Report operational results to senior leaders, offer insights to results and provide recommendations to drive process improvement as necessary
- Collaborate with senior leaders to interview, hire, onboard and train new Commercial Account Analysts which involves constantly reviewing production and impact on analyst capacity
- Build strong relationships and communicate regularly with Accounting, HR, and IT leaders on issues that impact all teams
- Strive to build trust and teamwork with your direct reports and throughout organization
- Build and maintain relationships with producers in assigned territory to plan for growth and development
- Provide feedback to producers on procedures to make teams more effective, such as regular team meetings, standardization of preferred presentation/analytical documents and how to communicate effectively with their analyst teams
- Participate in operational meetings with senior leaders to set policy that enhances our employee owned culture
- Encourage and reward innovative and entrepreneurial thinking within your team
- Work with an intentionality every day to provide exceptional service to colleagues and clients
- Work effectively with senior management to continuously improve the strong employee owned culture
- Other duties as assigned