The Program & Incident Manager will manage and maintain the internal technology program portfolio by tracking projects ensuring goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time-frames and funding parameters.
The Program Manager will oversee the prioritizing of projects, enforce processes and contribute to decisions regarding program and project direction.he responsibility also includes improving incident management processes and outcomes to expand the IT service catalog value to our stakeholders and project work resources in the resolution of complex issues.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Plan and coordinate staff and activities within the technology team and help ensures project milestones and budgetary constraints are maintained.
- Collaborate internal team members, inter-department project teams, and third party service provider(s) in defining and adhering to defined time-frames, interactive task dependencies, staffing levels, funding, procedures, milestones, and deliverables.
- Collaborate with senior management to build and manage program management function in support of projects. Assists in defining and developing departmental wide program management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics.
- Review deliverables across assigned Service Line projects and reports to senior management on projects’ status.
- Review quality assurance procedures in accordance with established methodology and ensure successful project execution.
- Collaborate with multiple teams on developing, improving, and maintaining incident management processes.
- Establish, track, and report on incident management KPIs, along with pre-actively implementing corrective actions as necessary to achieve service level objectives
- Escalate risk issues to senior management when project scope requires intervention. Assist in evaluation, re-prioritization and re-design of project plans and objectives as necessary.
- Contribute to Portfolio Management and Planning for assigned IT service areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 10+ years in Information Systems including a minimum of 5 years managing projects.
- 5+ years in the project management knowledge including program portfolio management.
- 5+ years of incident management processes and oversight. ITIL v4 knowledge a plus.
- 5+ years of change management processes
- Analytical and organization skills and ability to develop and implement complex project plans.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud service designs (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Significant experience in assigned technical areas within Finance and Technology preferred
- Knowledge of technology related tools such as Service Now and Jira a plus
- General work related requirements include:
- Project management, communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills
- Analytical and organization skills with ability to develop and implement inter department project plans
- Convene & manage meetings – agenda, participants, deliverables along with communicating and resolving important issues
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to speak in front of a group and clearly describe how DR functions are executed
- Strong relationship-building, strategic partnering, interpersonal, communication, and active listening skills
- Politically savvy and strong "soft" skills
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to influence and work with cross-functional team in a matrix organization
- Ability to manage shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies (e.g. JIRA, MS Teams)
- Established proficiency using MS office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Working knowledge of MS Project and MS Visio