*Candidates must be local to the Boston area*
Our Boston based client is hiring a Presales Group Lead to be a “Player-coach” for a small (8-9) person team. This established Boston based company has been in business for 10 years leading the charge in the enterprise data transformation. Their clients are some of the largest in the industry and they solve some of the most interesting data problems in the world.
About the job:
- Lead a small team, helping more junior members learn the best practices of presales
- Manage key deals, and serve as a point of contact for escalation. Resolve sales challenges with other leaders to win customer projects.
- Build best practices and coach a team to minimize the time to get the technical win.
- Lead product demonstrations by targeting audiences including end users, IT staff, industry analysts, etc.
- Define and scope deliverables of proof of concept projects with clients
- Lead customer-facing proof-of-concept engagements (remote and onsite), delivering on technical directive of the agreed Statement of Work
- Work intimately with Product Management
- Provide technical content for RFP submission
- Assist with handoff of successful client engagements to post-sales resources
- Develop and maintain demonstration environments
- 5 or more years in a pre-sales/ sales engineering position
- Experience leading teams, while remaining technical
- Strong Linux or UNIX background
- Some prior experience coding against APIs
- 5 years in similar software markets; i.e., ERP, ETL, Data Warehouse, Data Management, Data Integration, Data Quality, MDM, CRM, Business Intelligence, etc.
- Knowledge of data management & databases
- Proficiency scripting in languages like, R, SQL, Python, Shell, etc.
Preferred Experience, NOT REQUIRED:
- Machine learning knowledge or experience
- Experience using Github
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP), Databricks, Snowflake, and visualization tools like, Tableau, Quicksight, PowerBI, QlikView, Looker, etc.