Location: Waltham, MA
Term: 3 month contract to hire
Pay Rate: $20-25 per hour W2 (without benefits)
We have a client in Waltham who is looking for a temporary Paralegal for a 3 month temp to hire.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Operations Paralegal (with ambition to grow in the paralegal field) in our Waltham, MA office. In this role, you will report to the Manager – Paralegal Services and work with attorneys and paralegals in practice areas relating to the leasing of real estate and supply of motor fuels to operators of retail gas stations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft standard form contracts related to the leasing, franchising and supply of retail gasoline stations under supervision of managing attorney.
- Interface between retail operations team members and back-office support team members regarding pending transactions, renewals and extensions of existing transactions and site-specific issues related to pending and existing transactions.
- Prepare and maintain files relating to pre-litigation collection matters and related disputes, including drafting internal and external correspondence regarding same.
- Assist with the implementation and management of asset management database and renewal tracking system for contracts with third party tenants and operators of retail gas stations.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date records of contracts, correspondence and other matters relating to third party tenants and operators of retail gas stations.
- Provide prompt, efficient and effective legal services to the legal department in connection with day-to-day business operations of a publicly-traded petroleum distributor.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education, training and additional experience.
- 3+ years’ relevant corporate law firm or in-house legal department experience as a paralegal.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple intercompany departments and demanding personalities.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, properly prioritize projects, meet key deadlines, perform well under pressure and stress, and complete special projects while managing a regular workload.
- Ability to work autonomously, with keen attention to detail while exercising good judgment and decision-making utilizing existing skills and expertise.