Mechanical Engineer ~ supporting research and development of hybrid-field motor technology.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for a range of tasks, including concept development, analysis, design, fabrication and testing.
Mechanical Engineer’s Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Provide mechanical engineering support to research engineers on hybrid-field motor technology development.
- Conceptualize, design and build test setup for process control and material analysis
- Create detailed designs using parametric 3-D CAD tools.
- Create mechanical drawings for parts and assemblies
- Hands on responsibility for assembly, test and troubleshooting of test setup
- Setup process monitoring instrumentation and data logging
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot process equipment
- Formulate test plans and perform experiments per test plan
- Design of parts and assemblies using CAD modeling tools (Solid Works)
- Produce part and assembly drawings
- Candidate will be “hands on” and comfortable operating and trouble-shooting machine tools and process equipment
- Working knowledge of motors, actuators and sensors
- Working knowledge of data collection and analysis tools and software
- Industrial Robot programming and path planning.
- Software/programming skills
- FEA based material strength and thermal analysis;
- This is a junior level position. Experience relevant to the requirements stated above.
- Minimum required: B.S in Mechanical engineering or related discipline.
This position is located in Tyngsborough, MA