Mechanical Designer – North of Boston location
An exciting Mechanical Design opportunity has become available with a growing and innovative electronics manufacturing company. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on designer able to work through the product development cycle from concept to manufacturing, have experience designing and documenting sheet metal, PCB layouts, wire harnessing, manufacturing drawings and assist in prototype builds.
• Work with Engineers to design and model RF Generators and Matches with associated internal subassemblies including PCB footprints and harnessing for proper fit and function.
• Create and modify existing water cooled heatsinks and air cooled heatsinks.
• Create sheet metal fabrication and machine part mechanical drawings to comply with ASME standards.
• Generate assembly drawings for production and customer documentation.
• Generate Multi-Level Mechanical Bill of Materials.
• Implement mark-ups of BOMs and related drawings for ECO processing.
• Construct and help build initial prototypes and help with assembly and test as required.
• Use drill press and other basic machining tools for part modification during prototype phase.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Proficient with SolidWorks, AutoCAD and 3D modelling.
• Ability to read/interpret assembly and product specification drawings.
• Working knowledge of design for manufacturability.
• Understand basic tolerancing and geometric tolerancing.
• Experience with MS Office, Excel, Word.
• Comfortable with hands on assembly work during product development.
• Familiarity with the use of hand tools, simple shop tools for metalwork with machining and use of machine tools a plus.
• Have excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt to change
A competitive salary and a generous bonus package is provided including a 401K. The company is proud of it’s innovative and collaborative team of professionals who thrive on a stimulating work environment while enjoying a healthy work/life balance.
Only US Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered. Relocation assistance is not provided