Manufacturing Process Engineer, NPI ( RF products )
The Manufacturing Process Engineer, NPI is responsible for completing the documentation and manufacturing and test package for deploying new products and transferring existing products to factories in North America and Asia. In this position, will have a hands on role in the process, but will also enlisting and influence cross functional teams in the introduction of new and existing products to our factories.
• Apply proven manufacturing practices to new products and existing products to refine, develop and launch products in factories in North America and Asia.
• Develop and prove manufacturing and test processes during product development and launch in production facility
• Hands on in creating assembly and test procedures for existing and new designs for production transfer and launch.
• Organize and supervise process verification builds, using proven statistical methods.
• Help plan for capacity and throughput in a high mix low to medium volume environment.
• Provide DFM feedback to engineering team.
• Help with updating documentation for production ramps.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s in engineering
• 5+ years’ manufacturing experience with electronic assemblies, at least 3 years’ in product transfer and ramp in Asia. Experience with Industrial Equipment a plus.
• Experience creating BOMs, Test and Assembly documentation.
• Working knowledge of Labview a plus.
• Experience with statistical control methods (i.e. Cpk, Control limits).
• Experience with continuous improvement methods and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to work within schedule constraints.
• Excellent communication and team skills.
• Ability to travel to Asia (China and Vietnam) – travel expected to be 25-30% during product transfer and ramp. Travel will be contingent upon current travel restrictions and safety.