We are seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer with experience producing complex electromechanical assemblies. The role will be responsible for managing the manufacturing of electric micromobility vehicles. You should have a proven track record of moving products through production and bringing them to market. The role will require experience with manufacturing processes including casting, stamping, extruding and injection molding, and experience working in China.
What you’ll do:
- Support new product development by ensuring that components are designed for manufacturability (DFM) and that processes/procedures are adhered to in relation to quality, method and cost.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Review, improve and approve supplier assembly process documents and implement Quality Control Plans (QCP) and Manufacturing Process Plans (MPP) to control the production process.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide hands-on support of test development and execution.
- Lead production risk identification and mitigation efforts including PFMEA.
- Support supplier qualification process and initial part quality review (FAI) as well as ongoing production qualifications including PPAP.
- Drive tooling validations and qualifications with sub-suppliers.
- Be involved early in NPI programs to provide feedback on Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Partner with Design Engineering to ensure Production Preparation Process (3P) and Design for Producibility (DFP) to be implemented before design fix stage while optimizing for quality and cost.
- Support downstream activities such as repair work and creation of repair instructions for customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years of direct work experience.
- Must have extensive experience working on the ground with suppliers and contract manufacturers in China.
- Extensive knowledge of both prototype and production manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping, etc.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with a global supplier base and to communicate effectively with a remotely located design team.
- Ability to check detailed technical drawings of components and assemblies in a PLM system.
- Close attention to detail while being fast-paced and fast-acting.
- Experience with GD&T – ANSI Y14.5 is required.
- Solidworks experience required.
- Ability to travel to China up to 50%
- Experience designing custom fixtures and test equipment for manufacturing electromechanical products is a plus.