Compensation: $80,000.00 – $110,000.00 + health, dental, 401k and more! Full Time employee can work in Hartford, CT or Cambridge, MA offices. Also, candidates in the Washington DC area can work remotely from their home office.
Established in 2004, our privately held client with 45 employees in the Hartford, CT area is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They would like to hire an ambitious DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer. They need someone that wants to grow with the company, and advance up in the ranks over time. Our client likes to build their team from within, and this is a newly created position in the organization. This is an excellent opportunity to develop as a software developer and/or DevOps engineer, gaining experience with cutting-edge methods and technologies, while making a difference.
- Facilitate the consistent implementation of innovative deliverables in collaboration with other team members
- Build and maintain infrastructure in public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Configure and maintain continuous integration pipelines and other automation activities
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation
- Full stack development opportunities depending on the candidate's capabilities and interest level
- Development of automated solutions to monitor and support our software development and release processes
- 1-3 or more years of operations and/or programming experience
- Experience with github / gitlab / bitbucket-based project activities, using continuous integration for code management.
- Linux and Unix-like systems administration and exposure to containerization with Docker (or similar containerization).
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering or quantitative field, and equivalent job experience.
- Desirable, not required: Experience with AWS services, especially around managing IAM roles
- Desirable, not required: Experience with container orchestration (e.g. EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes)
- Desirable, not required: Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices
Travel: up to 10% travel likely in New England