Tamr, Inc., connects and enriches the vast reserves of underutilized internal and external data, so enterprises can use all their data for analytics and downstream applications. Tamr’s data-unification platform combines machine learning algorithms with collective human insight to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the massive variety of silo-ed data. The Tamr platform is deployed in production at information services providers, pharmaceutical firms, manufacturers and other customers. Based in Cambridge, Mass., Tamr was founded in 2013 by database industry veterans Andy Palmer, Mike Stonebraker and Ihab Ilyas with George Beskales, Daniel Bruckner and Alex Pagan. Tamr was named in Boston Globe's Top 10 Places to work in 2015.
Tamr has developed a world-class software product that has demonstrated a significant competitive advantage in the hot enterprise data preparation marketspace. We are seeking a motivated team player who is excited by the prospect of capitalizing on Tamr’s proven success with existing accounts and the company’s unlimited market potential.
- Meet or exceed annual sales quota consistently
- Min 5 yrs of leadership experience managing direct team of field sellers (min.team of 5-10 Sales Manager)
- Oversee our growth strategy by recruiting, managing, coaching and leading the sales team and assisting in sales process management and deal management.
- Collaborate with a number of Tamr departments, including Customer Success, Marketing, and Product Management to develop sales strategies
- Maximize product use and new product revenue at existing installed accounts and net new accounts
- Track record of YoY revenue and bookings growth
- Grow revenue at existing Tamr accounts and prospect accounts of significant size and potential
- Ability to forecast accurately and hit plan quarter over quarter
- Proven, successful track record (10 years+) of software sales to Fortune 1000 companies
- Ability build relationships with C-level customers and prospects
- Negotiation skills and contract management experience
- Experience managing a team of sellers and functional teams that support sales (ie..SDRs, Technical Sales Engineers, etc)
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales objectives
- Ability to absorb and understand technical products
- Proven track record of penetrating, understanding and managing large, complex organizations
- Experience successfully selling both technology and consulting services
- Outstanding oral and written communication/presentation skills
- Individual must be highly self-motivated and possess outstanding communication skills
- Experience in the data management market and/or analytics market is desired
- Start up/early stage company experience is a plus
- BS degree minimum is required
The person hired for this position can be located in Cambridge MA, NY,NY or Washington D.C.