Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Our client in Cambridge, MA is a high-growth startup in the consumer robotic space. We seek Electronic and Electrical Engineers to support the design, optimization and execution of embedded hardware development. The work will include highly integrated and innovative design to support product development all the way through production and test. You should have experience with the iterative product development cycle with exposure to electromechanical systems that involve batteries, motors, and sensors.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop electrical hardware modules for electric vehicles.
- Be responsible for electrical design from concept through release to full-scale manufacturing.
- Create and supervise the implementation of validation and test methods for both prototype and production level hardware.
- Engage in cross-company collaboration between electrical, mechanical, firmware, manufacturing and other teams.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a BS in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated successful experience bringing a product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept to production manufacturing.
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, energy storage (batteries), and dynamic assemblies is a strong plus.
- Experience in some or all of the following disciplines is required:
- Multi-cell high-current lithium ion battery management.
- Power electronics for brushless DC motor control.
- Design of wiring, cabling, shielding, noise management, transient suppression, electrical packaging, heat sinking, and analog circuit design.
- Experience designing microcontroller systems with multiple communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI, Bluetooth, etc.).
- Working knowledge of C or C++ programming language in an embedded environment.
- Proficiency in circuit schematic capture and layout.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment.