Capital Equipment Planner – coordinate activities between purchasing, warehouse, manufacturing, and business unit management.
The Planner will have the following responsibilities:
- Continuously monitors shop order status and reports the status of materials inventory.
- Coordinates prioritized back orders with purchasing to clarify needs and plans forward using accurate forecast dates, preventing minimal impact to schedule.
- Oversees all shop order release and status on the production floor, including labor demands; anticipates bottlenecks and suggests alternatives.
- Works with cross-functional teams to identify the root cause of obstacles and implements effective countermeasures.
- Reports status of materials inventory and other KPI, (key performance indicators), and recommends improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other appropriate fields of study, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of materials planning experience, preferably with capital equipment manufacturing.
- APICS certification.
- Strong ability to adapt quickly to changes in the fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access.
- Ability to be a hands-on, team player that is comfortable collaborating with others to accomplish goals.