Buyer/Planner – 2 years experience. ( contract to permanent opportunity )
- is an exciting opportunity to launch your Supply Chain career with leading supplier of precision, speciality metal parts to the companies across the globle. In this role as Buyer/Planner you will perform basic buying duties while learning the best practices in supply chain operations from industry professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to either MRO purchase requisitions, MRP messages or outside vendor process support schedules.
- Requests supplier bids for pricing and delivery.
- Enters purchase order agreement records into ERP system and updates related traceability records as needed to support customer audits.
- Communicates purchase order contracts to suppliers as prescribed by business process and generally accepted business practices.
- Ensures suppliers meet delivery dates and expedites as needed.
- Maintain current cross-training in MRO, Direct Materials and Outside Supplier Services to support department workload.
- Develop personal performance to annual goals, objectives and qualifications through formal training opportunities as they present themselves.
- Actively participate on the behalf of purchasing in Continuous Improvement efforts.
- ERP and Microsoft Office
- Purchased/planned MRO, direct material or outside services in previous role.
- Demonstrated history of personal initiative.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM or CPIM (APICS) preferred.
- 2 + years purchasing experience.
- Manufacturing traceability experience
- is a temporary to direct position. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.