Client Type: Construction/Civil Engineering – leading manufacturer of cold-formed steel framing and interior/exterior finishing products in North America.
Title: Engineering Programmer Manager
This is not a remote position. Must be willing to relocate (if not local).
Our client has an immediate need for an Engineering Programmer Manager. The selected candidate’s role will be to oversee the overall planning, direction, coordination, and execution of current and new software updates and implementations in support of business requirements. This includes meeting and coordinating with key stakeholders to understand the business needs while managing the priority of all projects to improve software effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the Director of Engineering and General Managers to develop, implement and maintain software to improve the efficiency of engineering staff, as well as to enable the use of company products in their design.
- Manages and defines software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, reporting, implementation and testing.
- Manages and prioritizes bug fixes, feature enhancements, and new features pertaining to our software applications.
- Oversees the overall planning, direction, coordination and execution of current and new software updates and implementations.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and solicits feedback and recommendations on the product software.
- Works closely with Programmers to define and refine project scope, business and functional requirements.
- Drives decision-making, as it relates to project activities.
- Identifies, documents, escalates and addresses risks and issues.
- Codes, tests, debugs, maintains and documents computer programs to meet scheduled and other reporting requirements.
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Documents procedures and operations methods.
- Manages system access per the Director of Engineering to protect information from corruption and or access to sensitive information.
- Ensures data integrity in order to create accurate and useful reports.
- Ensures system design accuracy.
- Trains and prepares instructional material for operations and users.
- Provides guidance and/or instruction to staff members.
- Supervises Programmers and Analysts
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with:
- Minimum 5? years engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years programming experience
- Minimum 2 years programmer management experience
- The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education and/or experience.
- Position requires excellent knowledge and application of Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, VB.Net, SSMS, XML, Excel, Windows Operating System, SQL (Structured Query Language), and other Windows based utilities.
- Excellent understanding of structural engineering principles.
- Excellent understanding of Building Codes and AISI Cold Formed Steel Codes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional math skills
- Strong abstract reasoning ability
- Relevant programming certifications
- Professional registration is a benefit
- Primarily office environment
- Travel to company facilities, customer locations and/or conventions, as required
- Full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
- Working with a company that fosters a work-life balance