Compensation / Perks: Salary up to $190,000.00 plus a potential bonus, 401k match, healthcare, dental and more!
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the Metro West area of Boston with a major player in the manufacturing / software industry! They provide companies with the most technologically advanced and comprehensive product cost management software available on the market today. The company is private, with about 150 total employees with about 50 people on the engineering team. They are looking for an experienced IT Director to oversee all IT functions in their company.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Ensure the successful of deployment, adoption and ongoing use of new technologies
- Work with senior management, the Director of Business Process Innovation, and other peers for strategy development and execution planning
- Guide and mentor direct reports
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Control budget and report on expenditures
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Develop, document and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure data integrity, change protocols, customization, usage etc.
- Incorporate tools and processes to ensure efficient scaling of the IT organization
About the Environment / Company / Position:
- 2 people will report to the newly hired Director of IT: the current IT Manager who has been with the company for a number of years, and an IT staff member.
- They are a Microsoft-centric IT shop, but as they move to the AWS cloud, their tech is evolving.
- Must have strong experience in a Microsoft / Windows corporate computing – all their laptops are MS, Active Directory, One Drive, Sharepoint, etc.
- They also use Atlassian products; Jira and Confluence heavily. Our client has major server assets in house, but also in Linode, and increasingly in AWS.
- A strong knowledge base in networking and security is key.
- Ideal candidates will come from a smaller company. Our client is still relatively small, and their IT staff is small (2, supplemented by an Ops engineer and some dev help), they are a hands-on shop.
- Someone from a large corporate setting who is just looking to manage will NOT be a match, they need a leader who can help with the work.
- Our client is in the process of getting SOC2 certified, so any kind of relevant experience would be helpful, but is not required.
- Our client has a very collegial, open culture.
- They are in the midst of a significant transition to new architecture, tech, and business models – while maintaining their current business and products. This person must be up for that challenge.
Required Education / Experience:
- 7 or more years progressive experience in IT
- Demonstrated track record of success as an IT leader
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field