This is an exciting opportunity to work in Boston, MA (Seaport) for an industry leader in the energy intelligence software field! Our client is looking to hire a Build & Release Engineer focusing on tools to maintain and develop continuous delivery systems. This is a 6 month contract to start with possible extensions.
About the job the DevOps Engineer / Release Engineering role:
- Develop C&I process for migration of legacy in house system to AWS
- Support build release system of legacy platform
Required Experience for the DevOps Engineer / Release Engineer:
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, particularly Cloud Formation
- Deploying and managing applications built upon CloudFront, API gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB and RDS.
- Experience working with containerization leveraging ECS and Docker
- Familiarity with CodeBuild and/or CodePipeline
- Operational experience deploying and maintaining clustered web applications and services
- Experience and skills with the tools needed to configure, operate, and navigate secure web networks: ssh, SSL/TSL, firewall rules, load balancers, DNS, processes and ports.
- Demonstrated experience building, packaging, and deploying Java based applications
- 5+ years’ experience working Ubuntu and/or CentOS.
- 5+ years’ experience working with Jenkins
- Experience with GIT version control
- Experience with Chef.
The DevOps Engineer / Release Engineer ideally will be familiar with some of the following:
- Ruby and/or Python
- Building, packaging, and deploying Node and Angular applications
- HashiCorp Products: Terraform / Packer / Vagrant
On LI: 11.30.18