Compensation: 130-150k salary target based on seniority/experience, + health, dental, 401k, profit sharing, bonus and more!
Work from home / REMOTE from your home office. CANDIDATES MUST BE IN THE CONTINENTAL USA.
*Candidates with previous consulting / professional services experience are encourage to apply*
About the company:
- Established in 2004, our privately held client with 50+ employees between their Cambridge and Hartford offices, is a global leader in biomedical modeling and simulation services (PaaS). They have worked with over 150 clients on more than 475 projects.
- Join my client in their mission to defeat diseases by applying your skills to support real-world biomedical problems.
- Become a valued addition to the tech solutions team, comprised of approximately 20 engineers which are predominantly in the EST time zone. The engineering team prides itself on their efficient remote workflow.
Job Summary: The DevOps Engineer to support our client’s initiatives within the cloud-based services and solutions team.
- Create and deploy infrastructure via automation within their AWS space, using Ansible and Terraform.
- Create infrastructure & CI/CD pipelines using Docker and Kubernetes
- Secure and manage the security of our AWS control plane.
- Perform infrastructure and software quality assurance efforts; advises colleagues in software development best practices.
- Manage public and private code repositories.
- Advise executive management of problems or conflicts; escalates critical matters.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud computing and configuration management (Ansible, Terraform) or related field.
- Proficient with Amazon Web Services. – Proficient with a Linux flavor, including managing users and software on managed systems.
- Proficient with versioning tools (Git, svn).
- Proficient in at least one programming language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- AWS certification (any) is a big plus!
- Ideally, we prefer a 4-year college degree (technical or quantitative science) or equivalent work experience with evidence of proficiency and achievement in virtual infrastructure management and programming languages.
- Additional training and/or experience in virtualized infrastructure related tasks is preferred.