Controls Engineer – advanced controls for robotic manipulators
North of Boston location
Our Client, a worldwide leader in robotics and electric motor technology providing vacuum robotics for the semiconductor industry, is looking to hire a Controls Engineer to work within the R&D team. This Engineer will develop advanced control systems for robotic manipulators and similar electromechanical systems. This will include motion control and servo tuning, development of dynamic models, modeling and simulations in Matlab, and implementation of software on real-time platforms. The responsibilities will also include controls-related machine design analysis and selection of actuators, sensors and other controls-related components. Limited travel within and outside the US.
- Skilled in general mathematical modeling and analysis.
- Familiarity with system dynamics and control systems theory.
- Thermal modeling and analysis.
- Hands on experience with control systems and tuning.
- Proficiency in using Matlab and MathCAD.
- Experience in C and C++ programming for Linux and for embedded systems.
- Some experience in electronic circuit design, prototyping, and troubleshooting.
Additional Desirable Skills
- Theoretical background and experience in electrical and electronic system design.
- Experience in digital and analog circuit design, embedded systems, interfacing with microcontrollers, power electronics design, and motion control.
- Familiarity with optical design and opto-electronic components, such as laser diodes, photodiodes, transceiver circuits.
- Proficiency in OrCAD, PADS or similar design tools.
- Lab skills, including soldering of components, rework of PCBAs.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- M.S./Ph.D. degree in Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, Aeronautic or similar engineering field.
- The ideal candidates will possess a collaborative work style and be able to communicate with many cross-functional teams with the company.