Controls Engineer – Dynamics and Controls~ salary to $120K
Our Client, a worldwide leader in robotics and electric motor technology, is looking for an Controls Engineer with a background in Dynamics and to join their dynamic R&D team. Salary to $120K
Working under the supervision of the Manager of R&D, the Controls Engineer will develop controls for robotic manipulators and similar electromechanical systems, including trajectory planning, motion control and servo tuning algorithms, development of dynamic models, simulations in MATLAB/Simulink environment, and implementation of software on real-time platforms. The responsibilities also include controls-related machine design analysis and selection of actuators, sensors and other controls-related components. Limited travel within and outside the US.
The Controls Engineer will have a strong theoretical background and experience in:
• Dynamic model development using first principle and energy methods.
• State estimation and system identification (both model based and data based).
• Electric motor controls, three-phase, and brushless.
• Linear, nonlinear and robust control design for complex dynamic systems. Understanding of adaptive control design. Extensive experience with tuning controllers and filtering.
• Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink.
• Proficiency in C and C++ programming.
• Interfacing and communication with various sensors such as encoders, accelerometers, load sensors, gyroscopes, etc.. Knowledge about sensor fusion and signal conditioning,
• Familiarity with automation for semiconductor manufacturing applications preferred
Graduate degree ( MS or Ph.D) in Mechanical or Aeronautic engineering with experience in dynamic systems and classical/modern control disciplines.
Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card holder. Sponsorship is not available.