COMMODITY BUYER/PLANNER – Medical Device
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this individual will have primary responsibility for purchasing off-shelf type materials: gaskets, adhesives, metal parts – fabricated, cast, and machined; cables, and harnesses; laminated foil bags; and custom tubing. Will have responsibility for release per MRP and rescheduled as needed to meet Production requirements.
Buyer/Planner Qualifications Required:
- Experience in purchasing technical components to be used in Medical devices, including but not limited to Plastic Molded, Chemicals, Printing, Electronics, Machining, … in the support of a GMP, ISO and FDA compliant manufacturing facility
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems as well as MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 5 years procurement experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPM or APICS certification a plus.
- Excellent analytic skills are required for this position. Ability to achieve a clear vision of any situation and plan accordingly. Ability to work in / with cross functional teams.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and to respond to questions from internal and external customers / suppliers.
- Capable of reading, interpreting, and understanding mechanical drawings, specifications and material documentation. Technical background appreciated for this position.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Willingness to learn and apply ethical Purchasing and Planning methodologies and practices.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and be able to act in an expeditious manner to pull in and push out ERP demand messages to support a Lean environment.
- Strategically develop and manage sources of supply to meet technical, quality, logistical, and financial goals and objectives.
- Perform delivery management activities required to ensure raw material availability to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Perform research, quotation, and auditing activities per established procedures to secure sources of supply.
- Assume primary role in the contact of all business activities between Medica and its suppliers.
- Interact with Manufacturing Engineers, R&D Engineers, and Quality Control to correctly communicate all business requirements between Medica and its suppliers.
- Select and negotiate terms and conditions for contractually binding supply agreements/purchase orders between Medica and its suppliers.
- Assume lead role in reducing material costs of all Company’s outsourced goods and services
- Develop and maintain system files required to meet business and legal requirements.
- BS in Business or related with 5-8 years of relevant experience in purchasing, planning and inventory management
- CPM and/or APICS certification desired.