BUYER – rapidly growing North Shore company is looking to hire a strategic and results oriented individual to join it’s dynamic supply chain organization.
Candidates must be local and be a US Citizen or a Green Card holder
This position has the primary responsible for purchasing components and maintaining an open line of communication from a variety of suppliers. This position communicates daily with multiple internal departments including engineering, production control, accounting and quality. This person will manage the process from placing the purchase order through delivery anticipating potential problems and having backup plans to avoid critical part shortages.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
· Support Production MRP requirements all commodities
· Executes NPI material requirements (time to market needs)
Review open orders – expedite when required
· Participates in supplier audits
· Implement Kanban agreements
· Monitor supplier OTD and QPPM supplier scorecards
Skills and Experience Required:
· Proven or demonstrable negotiation skills
· Proficiency working with numbers
· MS Office (Word, Excel)
· Outstanding communication and analytical skills
· Able to work within a schedule driven environment. Timing and a sense of urgency is a critical function of this role
· Experience working with shifting priorities and moving deadlines · Good Project Management experience
· APICS or Six Sigma certification or equivalent experience
· Misys, QuickBooks, EPDM, and Solid Works experience is a plus
· Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management or equivalent and at least three years’ experience in a Purchasing, Planning and Manufacturing environment. If no degree, a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a Purchasing/Buyer role.