Benefits Administrator/Analyst – AMAZING RETIREMENT PLAN
- Excellent compensation including an 18% – 25% annual contribution to your retirement account. Gauranteed!
- Working for a top 30 nationally ranked commercial health and benefits brokerage.
- Consistently recognized as one of Richmond’s best employers.
- Outstanding company culture and working environment.
- Commitment to client satisfaction with a 98% client retention rate.
Our client has over 150 years of insurance experience, and a leader in developing smart strategies and innovative programs customized to the needs of mid-market companies. We offer property & casualty, employee benefits, captive insurance and surety bonds solutions, as well as personal risk services. An employee-owned company, we are one of the largest independent agencies in the Southeast. For 21 years, we have earned the distinction of a Best Practices Agency and have consistently been ranked among the top 30 agencies in the country by Reagan & Associates. Our employee owners enjoy a strong, team-centric culture, excellent benefits and retirement programs. As an employee-owned company, our associates are more than employees; they are owners. This ownership creates a unique company culture and provides significant opportunities for our employee owners. We are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and guided by out-of-the box thinking to deliver world-class service to our clients, primarily mid-market companies.
We currently have an opening for a Benefits Account Analyst in our Richmond, VA office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Benefits Account Analyst serves our clients by providing product and service information. You will be the first point of contact for our clients when they need assistance resolving product and service concerns and service requests for new and renewal insurance accounts.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Two to four year college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Benefit administration and/or Human Resources experience preferred.
- Proven ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and handling of sensitive information.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to successfully implement project management strategy.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide superior customer service to group administrators, including coverage questions, claims issues, administrative questions, etc.
- Conduct market analysis before the anniversary date of all clients coverages for both new and renewal business.
- Assist group administrator when necessary to solve difficult claim problems.
- Ensure all contracts/policies are accurate and current.
- Assist the accounting department in reconciling any commission shortages/overages by making internal accounting adjustments, contacting insurance carriers, etc. to determine the source of the problem.
- Prepare new business and renewal proposals.
- Maintain current client files in an orderly manner through the use of the automated files in the agency management system.
- Attend seminars to stay abreast of industry changes and participate in continuing education opportunities.