Our client is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join their Accounting team in Cambridge, MA. In this position you will work across multiple teams, including with the Professional Services team to manage POs, invoices, schedules and review revenue contracts from customers. You will be the primary contact for NetSuite related activities including reporting and sandbox testing. This position also includes being involved in general accounting responsibilities and monthly closings.
- Manage PO Orders / Invoicing, revenue schedules – within NetSuite Revenue Module, collections, reconciliations and audit in accordance with GAAP standards.
- Participate in month-end and year-end closings including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations for revenue and receivables.
- Gather data and prepare related schedules for the company’s quarterly reviews, annual audits, and periodic bank reviews/audits.
- Update and strengthen internal controls and procedures.
- Engage in additional projects or duties as required by the accounting department.
Required Background and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or another related field
- 2+ years’ experience working with NetSuite, including the Revenue module, is REQUIRED.
- 2 years of public/private accounting experience or equivalent experience in the high tech/software sector.
- International experience, including foreign currency experience, would be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with outstanding organizational skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, you must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- A team player with a team-first attitude.